Pages

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

The Jesus Trail

It's summer in Israel and rumors of war are brewing. For the average Israeli the constant circling of IAF helicopters and the presence of IA Soldiers walking the streets with machine guns casually over their arms is everyday life. But to me it's far from normal. Maybe a visit to Jerusalem may better my understandings of Israeli politics. No! it just made me more confused!!

::The Western Wall. I almost became religous for 4 and a half minutes.
::I felt like a nap - where Jesus lay in his last moments. Just around the corner Jesus's Tomb. A very religous experience.. I crawled through the small tunnel, sat there by myself, became awkward, got nervous and murmured "hey Jesus, How are you mate'?

::Once a site of Jesus's last moments. Now the holiest church in the world?

::As Cliche as it Gets. Dome rock in the Muslim quarter of Jerusalem out of bounds for the dangerous Australian tourist.